Our mission is to provide sustainable, local, non-toxic produce year round with free home delivery. Foraging farmer accessing other local artisanal foods complimenting Baby Greens to create healthy, easily prepared meals.
About Jeffery Kamminga
Jeffery Kamminga has a master’s degree in landscape architecture from RISD with a focus on sustainable design. He founded Baby Greens in 1993 and started selling salad, herbs and edible flowers to restaurants in Providence and Newport.
These days, he maintains four 24′ x 100′ greenhouses in Saunderstown, where he grows produce year-round. Currently, he delivers salad to over 160 individual subscribers in Edgewood and on Providence’s East Side, North and South Kingstown.
He lives in Pawtuxet Village with his miniature dachshund, Charlotte.
Narragansett, South Kingstown, Saunderstown
A little about Baby Greens Farm
- Founded in 1994, Baby Greens Farm is a 51 acre farm run by Jeffery Kamminga.
- We’re located in North Kingstown, RI.
- Most of what we grow is available year-round.
- Sustainably & Organically grown food.
- Year-round subscriptions delivered to your door once a week.
- Greens contain a mix of leaf lettuces, mild and hot mustard greens, arugula, and more.
- Mix changes with the seasons.
- We have a large menu of other food items we deliver from local providers.
It’s fast food that’s good for you! Please Contact Us for a free sample.
We purchased a new 51 acre wooded farm site where we have built 4 greenhouses. We plan to follow sustainable growing practices and we have just installed a solar photovoltaic system with energy efficient passive solar greenhouse design this past fall 2014. In the near future we hope to have wind generators as another means to produce our own energy on the farm.
Here is a shot of our brand new photovoltaic solar panel! This solar work was funded by Commerce RI and USDA Rural Development & installed by Newport Renewables.